• 18th Street Art Center residency, S.M., CA
• Joan Mitchell Foundation Grant, painting
• Pew Fellowship in the Arts, painting
• Philadelphia Museum of Art Purchase Award from Works on Paper
• Independent Acquisition Fund Competition for WHYY TV 12 “Dhoti” and “The Blue Chair” selected viewing.
• Fellowship. Pennsylvania Council of the Arts.
• Third Place. National Computer Graphics Association. International
Computer Animation Contest. Awards reel.
• Prize of Fine Work, Niccograph International Computer Animation Contest. Nikkei Computer Graphics, Japan.
• one person show, the move, George Billis, culver city, LA. feb – apr
• Works on Paper: Survey of Purchase Awards (1978-2009). feb. Arcadia University, Glenside, PA
• listening in:artists speak, abington a.c. pa., oct – dec
• surface as signifier, crane arts, philadelphia, PA., feb – march
• drafted, schema projects, brooklyn, ny. jan – feb
• one person show, systems, george billis, culver city, LA. feb – mar
• alltogethernow the galleries at moore c.a., philadelphia. may – jul
• One Person Show, May. SchmidtDean Gallery, Philadelphia
• PHILAGRAFIKA 2010 Independent Projects: Selections from C.R. Ettinger Studio |
2000-2010, PAFA, Philadelphia. jan – apr
• 1.5 Million, Stella Elkins Tyler Galleries, Tyler School of Art. curator: Corey Antis, Oct.
• Legacies, the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts. may – sept.
• one person show, Hofstra University, Calkins Hall Rosenberg Gallery, Feb.
• One Person Show, Schmidt Dean Gallery, may.
• Flow: Miami, SchmidtDean Gallery, Dec.
• Scope”, Miami, Represented by Schmidt-Dean Gallery, Nov
• Very Early Pictures, Arcadia University, Sept
• One Person Show, Schmidt-Dean Gallery, Phila., Sept
• Operation Rapid American Withdrawal”, Ice Box Project Space, curator:Jane Iris Phila., sept.
• Summer Salon, George Billis Gallery, L.A. paintings and drawing
• One Person Show, George Billis Gallery LA, oct-nov.
• Hunt Gallery, Webster College, St. Louis, 5 person painting survey nov.-dec.
• Trace, UArts, Group show in conjunction w/Big Nothing. curator: Sid Sachs.
• One Person Show, Line Drawings, George Billis Gallery, nyc, jun.
• Affect, 7 person show curated by Andrea Cooper. Ursinus, may.
• One Person Show, George Billis Gallery, nyc, may-jun
• On the Wall, six person show curated by Nancy Herman and Richard Torchia. Non traditional works. MLAC, Haverford, PA. mar.
• One Person Show, Schmidt-Dean. Phila., Pa Sep-Oct.
• One Person Show, Fleisher Challenge Exhibition. Phila., oct-nov.
• One Person Show, 55 Mercer Gallery, nyc. apr.
• Works on Paper 1999 Beaver College. selection: James Elaine
• Mind’s Eye curated: Willie Heeks. Booth Contemporary Art
Wakefield, RI. jul–aug.
• One Person Show, Larry Becker, Phila. may
• Remember Biennial 1998. Delaware Museum of Art
• One Person Show, James Madison University. jan
• Works on Paper Spruance Gallery, Beaver College. selection: Bill Arning
• In and out of the Box, Nexus Gallery, Phila., feb
• Digital Dialects, New Paradigms Part II, curated by Harry Umen. Creiger-Dane Gallery. Boston, MA.
• Selections. Larry Becker Contemporary. Phila. Sept
• Chance Encounters, Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts. Phila jun-oct
• Closer Look 1, works on paper show curated: Paula Marincola. Beaver College, jan
• One person show, Larry Becker, may-jun.
• Works on Paper 1992, spruance art gallery- Beaver College. selection: Robert Storr
• The Map is Not the Territory, Rosenwald-Wolf Gallery, Phila. College of Art. Curators: Frank Galuszka and Nathan Knobler.
• New Trends in Watercolor, Noyse Museum, New Jersey, 1991-93
• 4th Annual Computer Graphics Invitational Traveling Exhibition. Eastern Washingtion, Cheney. Kent, WA, Aberdeen, WA, Boise, ID, Spokane, WA, Lynnwood, WA, Sidney, MT, Bozeman, MT, Great Falls, MT, Kalispell, MT, Butte, MT, Miles City, MT
• Independent film makers airing in April on Channel 12, animation
• Prix Ars Electronica. International Competition for the Computer Arts. Linz, Austria. animation
• One Person Show. Larry Becker. Philadelphia, PA.
• Art from the Computer. Hearst Art Gallery. Saint Mary’s College. Moraga, CA.
• Images Du Futur 87″. Et Nouvelles Technologies. Montreal, Canada.
• Emerging Expression: the Artist and the Computer, 2nd Biennial, Bronx Museum of the Arts. Bronx, N.Y.
• Art from the Computer, California College of Arts and Crafts, CA.
• Transformations, University of the Pacific. Stockton, California.
• The New Television Festival 1986, Included in Much Music, Musique Plus, ky Channel”, and a selected Japanese Broadcast special..Computer Graphic Animation Festival. Odyssey Visual Design. La Jolla Museum, August- September 1986.
• Siggraph 1986, “The Blue Chair”, animation screening room. Art show. Dallas,Texas.
• The Best of the Video Festival, Ohio State University. Intern. film and video contest.
• 42nd La Biennale Di Venezia The Venice Biennale The Blue Chair animation and still mage shown in Art and Technology Pavilion.
• One Person Show. University of Akron. mar
• Emerging Expression: The Artist and Computer, Bronx Museum. N.Y.
PUBLICATIONS, REVIEWS, PRESENTATIONS AND VIDEO REELS:
• Review-Drafted, Schema Projects, Bushwick, Brooklyn. jan-feb, Hyperallergic, Carroll [link]
• Review-Schmidt-Dean Gallery: Philadelphia Inquirer, Newhall, May [link]
• Review-Schmidt-Dean Gallery: Art in America, Feb, A. Fabbri [link]
• Review for Legacies: Philadelphia Inquirer, July 5, Newhall. [link]
• Review-Schmidt-Dean Gallery: Inquirer, E. Newhall, May 9 [link]
• Blog review: stevenalexanderjournal [link]
• Artblog: I had to say something, L. Rosof, may [link]
• Review-Schmidt-Dean Gallery: artNEWS, Newhall, Feb [link]
• Review-Schmidt-Dean Gallery: Philadelphia, Philadelphia Weekly, Roberta Fallon, Oct 5-11 [link]
• Review-George Billis Gallery LA: LA Weekly, Peter Frank, nov [link]
• Review-Trace: Philadelphia Inquirer, sozanski, jul [link]
• Review-Trace: Philadelphia Weekly, fallon, jul [link]
• Review-George Billis Gallery: New York Observer, June 23, 2003 [link]
• Review -On the Wall: Philadelphia Weekly, R. Fallon, April 2, 2003 [link]
• Review-Schmidt-Dean: Philadelphia City Paper. R. Rice, October 3-10 [link] [link]
• Review–Fleisher Challenge Show: Philadelphia Inquirer, Sozanski [link]
• Review–Fleisher Challenge Show. City Paper. Susan Hagen, Oct 25 [link]
• Review-Two–Person Show – 55 Mercer, NY, AbArtonline.com Apr [link] [link2]
• Review-One Person Show – Larry Becker: Art In America Feb. B. Scott [link]
• Review-One Person Show – Larry Becker. Phila Inquirer, Jun 25 E.Sozanski [link]
• Review-One Person Show – Larry Becker. New Art Examiner, Oct F. Galuszka [link]
• Review-One Person Show – Larry Becker: Phila Inquirer May 6 E. Sozanski [link]
• Review-The Map is Not the Territory: Philadelphia Inquirer. Apr 9, E. Sozanski [link]
M.A. Ohio State University – 3-d Computer Graphics and Animation 1986
M.F.A. University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, Painting + Drawing 1976
B.F.A Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts. Phila., PA, 1972
1986-2010 Professor of Art, Moore College of Art and Design. Digital Drawing and Imaging, Animation and Web Design.
2008-fall Adjunct Professor, University of the Arts. Painting: Junior level
2002 Adjunct Professor, PAFA, Fall term. Painting Principles
1998 Adjunct Professor University of the Arts, Spring term. Multimedia
1995 Juror, Images du Future. Et Nouvelles Technologies. International Animation Contest. Montreal. October
1991-2 Part-time Rutgers-Camden. 3-d Computer Graphics and Animation
1989 Curator for Printmaking: At the Speed of Thought The Print Club Philadelphia, PA. International exhibition of algorithmically generated works. Nov 4 – Dec 23, 1989. Catalog.